Re: Fwd: Linguisitc/Translation Help Request

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "JL Badgley" <tatsushu@...> wrote:
      > Okay, in that case I would suggest using the on'yomi readings:

      Many thanks,tomodachi. I will pass it on.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009

        Greetings from Solveig! A sensei is always called sensei. A senior is
        always called senpai. A junior is simply called by their name.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009

          > First, thunder/lightning are the same word: 雷 (RAI, kaminari,
          > ikazuchi)
          雷 kaminari thunder
          電 izanuma lightening

          One problem with "sudden" in Japanese is that the common word for
          this is 突然 totsuzen which pretty much must work as a na form
          adjective.

          There are various words for fast.

          早い - hayai
          急 - kyū