Re: [SCA-JML] Re: A Nihonjin Warrior in King Uther's Court

    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 1, 2009

      > Solvieg, what did you mean in your last statement? Also, i do a
      > vyking persona and base it on several of our "classes" when we do
      > play a battle game, though its still my current persona and has
      > been for 5 years. I basically dress the part with my garb and
      > adopt what ever equip i need for that "class". Though while not in
      > an actual battle game i still walk around with my sheeps wool cap
      > on and long tunic. Sorry, i was going completly off topic due to
      > competing passions in my life, both viking and samurai.
      If you are asking about my comment about Viking Societies, I ran
      across these in an article a number of years ago. At least I believe
      it was a magazine and not a book. Anyway, they reproduced a
      photograph of these victorian age "swells" wearing horned helmets and
      carrying spears. They may have been inspired by Wagner.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- On Fri, 1/2/09, autumnriver <tace@...> wrote:

        > My noble cousin