RE: [SCA-JML] Re: A Nihonjin Warrior in King Uther's Court

  • Brian Dean
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 1, 2009
      Greater Houston area and south east texas (aka, the Wetlands). Well over half of our members are actually standard SCA age in my openion(20-48) but we have some great exceptions like Duke Redhawk (57) and Pops, aka Greywolf (i believe he is 68, may be older by a year). There have been a few others n thier fifties to get out on the field or at least participate in arts and sciences( in some aspects a joke to most SCA'ers, but when your game is not required to be historical things can get wierd, and not all the people who judge understand the depth of what they are judging).

      Solvieg, what did you mean in your last statement? Also, i do a vyking persona and base it on several of our "classes" when we do play a battle game, though its still my current persona and has been for 5 years. I basically dress the part with my garb and adopt what ever equip i need for that "class". Though while not in an actual battle game i still walk around with my sheeps wool cap on and long tunic. Sorry, i was going completly off topic due to competing passions in my life, both viking and samurai.

      Sir Dughan von Ironwood, Lord of the drum, Kingdom of the Wetlands

      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      From: nostrand@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:50:47 -0500
      Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] Re: A Nihonjin Warrior in King Uther's Court

      > Um guys, i'm From Amtgard, and lately, at least here in Texas,

      Where exactly? My limited exposure to Amtgard took place about

      sixteen years ago in or near Austin. Or at least so I recall. Most of

      the folks I met were young and enthusiastic. Their Zeitgeist reminded

      me a bit of the SCA when I joined. One of my big concerns for the SCA

      is that it remain a good exciting place for 18-26 year olds. I write

      this most sincerely. I know people who claim that the future of the

      Society is in retirement communities. While I agree that retired

      people should be as welcom in the Society as 18 year olds, I do worry

      that the Society will go the way of the Viking societies of about a

      hundred years ago.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- On Fri, 1/2/09, autumnriver <tace@...> wrote: