Re: Momoyama

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jessi" <mai_mikage@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      > I am in search of information about the Momoyama era, and thought
      > this would be a good place to continue my search. I have been in love
      > with the idea of a Japanese persona since I began playing, but I want
      > to do it as well as I possibly can. I own "Japan's Golden Age:
      > Momoyama" by Money L.Hickman and it has proven wonderful.

      Isn't that a yummy book? The portraiture section is particularly special.

      A good overview of Japan from the end of the Heian period up to
      Sekigahara is Pierre Souryi's "The World Turned Upside Down." I admit
      my focus has been the Kamakura period. Unfortunately, it seems that
      the Heian and Kamakura periods are well represented by women's
      diaries, but the Momoyama does not appear to be.

      Saionji no Hanae
      West Kingdom.