Momoyama

  • Jessi
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
      Greetings,
      I am in search of information about the Momoyama era, and thought
      this would be a good place to continue my search. I have been in love
      with the idea of a Japanese persona since I began playing, but I want
      to do it as well as I possibly can. I own "Japan's Golden Age:
      Momoyama" by Money L.Hickman and it has proven wonderful. However I am
      searching for something with more information about the culture and
      society, and especially the role of women. Thank you for your time,
      Shirin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jessi" <mai_mikage@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I am in search of information about the Momoyama era, and thought
        > this would be a good place to continue my search. I have been in love
        > with the idea of a Japanese persona since I began playing, but I want
        > to do it as well as I possibly can. I own "Japan's Golden Age:
        > Momoyama" by Money L.Hickman and it has proven wonderful.

        Isn't that a yummy book? The portraiture section is particularly special.

        A good overview of Japan from the end of the Heian period up to
        Sekigahara is Pierre Souryi's "The World Turned Upside Down." I admit
        my focus has been the Kamakura period. Unfortunately, it seems that
        the Heian and Kamakura periods are well represented by women's
        diaries, but the Momoyama does not appear to be.

        Saionji no Hanae
        West Kingdom.