Question: Japanese/Portuguese event

  • ADutch64@nctv.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2008
      Konnichiwa,

      I'm proposing to my canton a Japanese/Portuguese themed event.
      Can anyone provide more information on the following:

      "In 1582 the three leading Christian daimyo of Kyushu sent several patrician
      youths on a mission to Europe which they reached via Acapulco, Mexico. After
      visits to Portugal and Spain, they kissed the foot of Pope Gregory XIII and
      eventually returned home via the Cape of Good Hopeafter an absrnce of eight
      years."
      According to "The Horizon Concise History of Japan" by Noel F. Busch, 1972,
      ISBN:07-009299-0, page 73.

      Any information will be welcomed.
      Most especially the names of the youths sent on this journey.

      Thank you in advanced for your assistence, as always I remain.....

      In Serrvice to the Dream,
      Takeda Yoshinaka-sama
      St. Georges Canton,
      Barony of Nottinghill Coill,