hello im new

  • oracron111
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 4, 2008
      hi I'm new to sca and i plan on being a jodo monk Ive look at this
      website and found allot of info

      http://www.geocities.com/mokuraibozu/Links.html

      but i need more info on jodo sect specifically. i need to know what
      colours they wear and what they wear when they are warriors.pictures
      would help allot. in fact anything you can offer in the lines of info
      would help.

      thanks

      kirk
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 17, 2008

        > Komyoji is the temple im from. Manabu is my given name and it means
        > study. maro i read was an appropriate finisher to a name and it means
        > self. kokaku is my describing name or nick name and it means loan
        > traveller. as im playing a travailing monk.

        I'm afraid that I am rather skeptical about this. LOTS of monks went on
        pilgrimages, study trips, and what naught. Also, if you were a monk,
        then
        you would have had a name in religion. That is simply how things worked.
        One of the things that I did do was look up several Jodo sect monks.
        They
        do not appear to have been known by the formal names of their temple,
        but there were examples of being known by oblique reference. Manabu
        does indeed mean study, but I do not understand why a monk would be
        known as 学麻呂 Manabumaro. Unless you are fairly early, -maro is an
        ending for a childhood name. Yet, you claim to be a wandering monk.
        Monasteries just didn't send their young acolytes out the door like
        that.
        Also, I suspect that you are way too old for such a name unless you are
        from a comparatively early period.