Re: [SCA-JML] Re: kumihimo (one more time)

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
      My apologies for the wonky formatting of the previous message. Please forgive me. I will try again:

      --- On Tue, 11/4/08, luannesews2001 <Luiseach@aol. com> wrote:
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups .com, Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...> wrote:

      >> Original question - is Takadai period.
      > On Masako Kinoshita's website, lmbric (loop manipulated braid research
      > & information center)

      Thank you so much for the website. Fascinating stuff!

      > Karakumidai, which uses much lighter bobbins and finger-tensioning
      > makes a very different braid structure, basically they are wide, flat
      > braids. I don't think you could use a karakumidai to make the sort of
      > double braid you can make on a takadai.

      Again, Thank you for the information.

      However, I am still interested in the original question of whether the takadai is period or not. My understanding is that evidence is somewhat speculative. Are there period examples that were most likely done on a takadai? Thanks again,

      Ki no Izumi
    • danabren
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
        Thank you all for the information, it helped greatly :)

        Kurokamakiri/Danabren
        East