When duty is delight, was Re: Fun vs authenticity: the false dichotomy

    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 2, 2008
      I live in the kingdom whose members include Japanese-Americans and
      native Japanese.

      I have the duty and the honor of attempting to portray a Japanese lady
      in a manner that honors their heritage and does not give offense. I am
      deeply touched and honored by the positive response I have received
      from them - and I have a growing, much treasured collection of cell
      phone charms that one gentleman from the Barony of the Far West keeps
      adding to every time he visits the US. (He has, in turn, been made a
      Companion of the Order of the Cheerful Monkey.)