Re: [SCA-JML] Looking for Somebody in Japan

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2008

      Greetings from Solveig! First of all, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK
      YOU! THANK YOU!

      > My mailing address of Gyoinjo (Garden Castle does that work? The
      > house structure is very old style. Tatami, long hardwood floors,
      > fusama and the tea garden bit, I love it I'll send pictures later..
      > anyway)

      The floors are more likely to be Port Orchard Cedar which is a soft
      wood and not a hard wood. Regardless, it sounds lovely. As for the
      name. If you really want to call it a caste you can, however there
      are lots of other charming options. 御苑城 Gyoenjō (lit. Honorable
      Garden Castle) sounds a tad unlikely if for no other reason than lots
      of castles might sport gardens on their grounds. Why not check out
      the following directory of castles arranged by prefecture?

      http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~xt8k-msm/link00.htm

      Their current poster child is Gojōmokujō (?) 五城目城 http://
      www.asahi-net.or.jp/~XT8K-MSM/link206.html

      > Pay pal dseebald1@... OK sorry for the long post. and is
      > it a specialty store in shinjiku because there is a Yuzawaya very
      > close to Saitama with a wide varaiety of arts and crafts.

      Yuzaway is HUGE! Regardless, I don't recall ever going calligraphy
      shopping there. I do believe I bought a tube of lacquer there. I also
      bought a do it yourself hina ningyo set.