Re: Need help finding some info!

  • tatsumechan
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2008
      > If you're curious about the battle, before you waste another week
      searching online, go to the library and get some actual history books.
      Nobunaga is a popular subject of study; I'm sure you'll be able to
      find something that covers the battle.

      > --Franzi

      Yes, history books are good. I learned a lot from my high school
      library even though their Japanese section was not that large.

      Tatsume
    • lanarien
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2008
        Haha, considering I'm a college student, I shouldn't have forgotten to
        check out my campus library! Thanks for the advice on that.

        Have a great day!
        ~Bri

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tatsumechan" <kanamori.tatsume@...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2008

          Greetings from Solveig! 村木 Muraki will probably work as a
          pre-modern locative family name. It is a modern Japanese
          family name. For example, there is a professor at the
          Graduate University of Advanced Studies with that name.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 28, 2008
                Well thank you very much! That is reassuring news for me :)

                I haven't been able to find anything at the library other than what
                has already been said. So, would having only this one piece of
                documentation work to pass it as a locative name?

                (And, locative means adding the 'no' in the middle to form: Muraki no
                'given name' correct?)

                Thanks so much!
                ~Bri

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 28, 2008

                  Greetings from Solveig! You pretty much MUST NOT use -no-
                  with 村木. It just isn't the right sort of name for that.