Re: [SCA-JML] ishi no obi

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 14, 2008
      On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:02 AM, jake curda <jakecurda@...> wrote:
      > That is just what I have been looking for.........and you say that the cord ties on the right side...........I think I can go from here.........that has been one item I have been missing from my court outfit.....now if i can just figure out where I can get a kanmuri crown......lol......thank you all
      >
      > Lord Yagyu

      Does this help with the kanmuri?

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157605726232740/

      Granted, it is a 'modern' one (that is, it isn't the Heian version
      that slopes a little more, and the 'ei' is designed to stand up and
      then fall down, rather than falling straight back), but I think it
      might suffice for most purposes. At the very least, you can get an
      idea of the shape and dimensions.

      FYI, it is lacquered gauze, so it is both very rigid/brittle and,
      consequently, fragile. I've given some thought to trying a buckram
      version. Akimasa-dono has a good example of one he made around
      somewhere.