Re: [SCA-JML] Re: obie tied in the front...

    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 11, 2008

      Greetings from Solveig! First of all, thank you to Ii dono for
      posting the image
      from the Costume Museum. Please notice that the obi in question in
      narrow.
      One thing that happened in the Edo Period was the development of the
      very wide obi. The knot moved around to the back on both sexes when the
      obi became wider. The exception was prostitutes who wore wore obi with
      large knots in the front. As represented by the Kabuki theatre, these
      knots
      could be very very big.

      Incidentally, I learned to my obi behind myself.