ADMIN NOTICE: "Grouply" Invitations

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2008
      Recently there have been some complaints about Grouply. I would ask
      that we not discuss this too much on the list, as there is plenty out
      there on it already. I highly recommend people go look up the
      information: A simple web search (e.g. Google) will give you plenty
      of information on the issues surrounding Grouply.

      I ask that if you use Grouply, please be considerate and do not
      'Invite' people without personally asking them, first. If you think
      Grouply is harvesting addresses automatically and sending invites then
      I highly suggest you consider whether you want to continue using them
      as a polite and considerate user of the Internet.

      To anyone who receives Grouply invites: There is a feature on Grouply
      to 'unsubscribe' and thus not receive invitations from them. While I
      cannot guarantee this will work--and understand the frustration of
      having to do it in the first place--it seems to be a logical step
      before proceeding with further action.

      For my part, I am going to see what actions are being done within the
      Yahoo! community and see if there is anything I can do at the Group
      Admin level.

      All that over with, I now return you to discussions of cool armour,
      clothing, costume... and whatever else you want to talk about
      regarding Japanese personas in the SCA!

      -Joshua L. Badgley
      aka Ii Katsumori
      SCA-JML List Owner