Re: [SCA-JML] Re:What are you working on?

  • ADutch64@nctv.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
      Nope! I'm married to an Irish lass. ; )

      -Takeda Yoshinaka

      On Fri Sep 5 9:20 , 'wodeford' <wodeford@...> sent:

      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I'm currently working on a leather archery quiver. A surprise
      >> birthday gift for me lady wife.
      >
      >I do hope she doesn't read this list. ;-D
      >
      >Saionji no Hanae

    • John Lyon
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
        I was going to ask if the Leather quiver is something period for
        Japanese. I have a friend who is working on a Bamboo quiver for a
        Japanese A&S competition, and I have been trying to find something
        period and functional for going to the range.

        --
        "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
        things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I

        John Lyon
        aka The Ugly Dragon
        aka Kita Jiru Toramassa
      • ladymedb1600
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:

          > Nope! I'm married to an Irish lass. ; )
          >
          > -Takeda Yoshinaka

          Who just happened to teach me kumihimo Takeda-sama! LOL!

          In the "not period" category, I have a number of Temari I am working
          out for a Museum show in December, inluding an attempt at my first
          mobile.

          Once we are done playing Tetris with the furniture at home (we're
          painting the living room), I have a gold kosode to re-piece. I guess
          it would have helped if I'd paid attention to pattern direction
          during the first round of construction!!!

          Meadhbh/Mizuno
        • Maryam
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
            I have the painted bones for a sensu all assembled, I'm waiting on inspriation to decorate the
            paper. Actually I think I give up and will just have a blank fan for now... I might wreck the
            first piece of paper in the folding of it. I will glue tonight.

            I'm told that my silk has arrived at my house just now so I suppose I will get started sewing
            soon. My daughter and I hope to be all dressed up in new Japanese garb for Northshields Clothers
            Seminar in November. They will be very informal outfits since I am making 2 outfits.

            That reminds me, I have to order the dye tonight.

            -Maryam
          • ADutch64@nctv.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
              Mizuno,

              well, I didn't say that she wasn't "multi-cultural", did I?
              Caitriona knows more Japanese A&S than I do, that's a given! : )

              -Takeda

              On Fri Sep 5 14:27 , 'ladymedb1600' <ldypyrate@...> sent: