Re:What are you working on?

  • ADutch64@nctv.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
      Konnichiwa,

      I'm currently working on a leather archery quiver. A surprise
      birthday gift for me lady wife.

      Best regards,
      Lord Takeda Yoshinaka
      St. Georges Canton,
      Barony of Nottinghill Coill,
      Kingdom of Atlantia

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:
        > I'm currently working on a leather archery quiver. A surprise
        > birthday gift for me lady wife.

        I do hope she doesn't read this list. ;-D

        Saionji no Hanae
      • ADutch64@nctv.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
          Nope! I'm married to an Irish lass. ; )

          -Takeda Yoshinaka

          On Fri Sep 5 9:20 , 'wodeford' <wodeford@...> sent:

          > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I'm currently working on a leather archery quiver. A surprise
          >> birthday gift for me lady wife.
          >
          >I do hope she doesn't read this list. ;-D
          >
          >Saionji no Hanae

        • John Lyon
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
            I was going to ask if the Leather quiver is something period for
            Japanese. I have a friend who is working on a Bamboo quiver for a
            Japanese A&S competition, and I have been trying to find something
            period and functional for going to the range.

            --
            "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
            things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I

            John Lyon
            aka The Ugly Dragon
            aka Kita Jiru Toramassa
          • ladymedb1600
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:

              > Nope! I'm married to an Irish lass. ; )
              >
              > -Takeda Yoshinaka

              Who just happened to teach me kumihimo Takeda-sama! LOL!

              In the "not period" category, I have a number of Temari I am working
              out for a Museum show in December, inluding an attempt at my first
              mobile.

              Once we are done playing Tetris with the furniture at home (we're
              painting the living room), I have a gold kosode to re-piece. I guess
              it would have helped if I'd paid attention to pattern direction
              during the first round of construction!!!

              Meadhbh/Mizuno
            • Maryam
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
                I have the painted bones for a sensu all assembled, I'm waiting on inspriation to decorate the
                paper. Actually I think I give up and will just have a blank fan for now... I might wreck the
                first piece of paper in the folding of it. I will glue tonight.

                I'm told that my silk has arrived at my house just now so I suppose I will get started sewing
                soon. My daughter and I hope to be all dressed up in new Japanese garb for Northshields Clothers
                Seminar in November. They will be very informal outfits since I am making 2 outfits.

                That reminds me, I have to order the dye tonight.

                -Maryam
              • ADutch64@nctv.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
                  Mizuno,

                  well, I didn't say that she wasn't "multi-cultural", did I?
                  Caitriona knows more Japanese A&S than I do, that's a given! : )

                  -Takeda

                  On Fri Sep 5 14:27 , 'ladymedb1600' <ldypyrate@...> sent: