Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Help Some Anime Fans

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 2, 2008
      I see what you mean. However, be aware that the uchikake is entirely a
      female garment. I'm not familiar with anime or with the character you
      are describing, but I can't imagine, even in anime, a male character,
      especially a fighter/warrior type wearing a woman's ceremonial robe.

      I tend to agree with Master Edward that it's probably self-defeating to
      try to assign the names of real historical garments to those being worn
      in an anime environment that is so obviously fantasy.

      Kiri

      seven_add1 wrote:

      > > So far as your plan to make ",,, Making the white obi on the hakama
      > just
      > > seemed like at the moment,
      > > plus now I can wear it to events...", this is probably a bad idea. A
      > > white belt, which is what your obi is, is reserved to members of the
      > > Order of the Chivalry in the SCA. Unless, of course, you are a
      > > Knight...in which case, I humbly beg your pardon!
      > >
      > > Kiri
      > >
      > > > P.S. already made a cosplay outfit though it's not 100% accurate.
      > > > Making the white obi on the hakama just seemed like at the moment,
      > > > plus now I can wear it to events ;p
      >
      > Oops! I meant to write "making the white obi on the hakama just seemed
      > like a pain at the moment". My hakama is completely black. I know what
      > a white belt means, been in the SCA since I was four and I have no
      > desire to be a knight. I hate it when my mind gets ahead of my
      > fingers. If I did make a hakama with a white obi it would be reserved
      > for cosplaying purposes only. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
      >
      > Except for the long sleeves, Kyouraku's does look a like an uchikake
      > and he does wear it over all his other clothes (talking about the pink
      > thing he wears). About the ceremonial bit, not sure. He does wear it
      > with his uniform. Don't want to call it a hitoe because I've been
      > under the impression those things are belted in and also have the side
      > seams open.
      >
      > Tatsume

    • seven_add1
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 5, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

        > Sorry didn't mean to give you a headache =(
        >
        > Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth
        is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
        > Jeanel Walker

        Oh no. You had just given me an idea for a fanfic. Headache is my own
        doing.

        Tatsume