Re: Help Some Anime Fans

  • seven_add1
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 2, 2008
      > So far as your plan to make ",,, Making the white obi on the hakama
      just
      > seemed like at the moment,
      > plus now I can wear it to events...", this is probably a bad idea. A
      > white belt, which is what your obi is, is reserved to members of the
      > Order of the Chivalry in the SCA. Unless, of course, you are a
      > Knight...in which case, I humbly beg your pardon!
      >
      > Kiri
      >
      > > P.S. already made a cosplay outfit though it's not 100% accurate.
      > > Making the white obi on the hakama just seemed like at the moment,
      > > plus now I can wear it to events ;p

      Oops! I meant to write "making the white obi on the hakama just seemed
      like a pain at the moment". My hakama is completely black. I know what
      a white belt means, been in the SCA since I was four and I have no
      desire to be a knight. I hate it when my mind gets ahead of my
      fingers. If I did make a hakama with a white obi it would be reserved
      for cosplaying purposes only. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

      Except for the long sleeves, Kyouraku's does look a like an uchikake
      and he does wear it over all his other clothes (talking about the pink
      thing he wears). About the ceremonial bit, not sure. He does wear it
      with his uniform. Don't want to call it a hitoe because I've been
      under the impression those things are belted in and also have the side
      seams open.

      Tatsume
    • seven_add1
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 5, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

        > Sorry didn't mean to give you a headache =(
        >
        > Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth
        is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
        > Jeanel Walker

        Oh no. You had just given me an idea for a fanfic. Headache is my own
        doing.

        Tatsume