Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Help Some Anime Fans

  • Anthony Bryant
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1 12:01 PM
      I think this whole discussion is missing the point that the garment is
      just massively bogus.

      Just because the artist is Japanese doesn't mean he has any
      understanding of historical Japanese clothing. Consider the costuming
      and armour atrocities perpetrated by the makers of "Elizabeth,"
      "Braveheart," and "Robin of Sherwood," for example.

      It's just a totally bogus outfit.

      Re-create it if you want, but don't try to find anything historical to
      identify with it, or dignify it with the name of something real.

      Effingham
    • seven_add1
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 5 5:45 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

        > Sorry didn't mean to give you a headache =(
        >
        > Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth
        is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
        > Jeanel Walker

        Oh no. You had just given me an idea for a fanfic. Headache is my own
        doing.

        Tatsume