Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Trouble with my first kosode

  • Eliza Hulce
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
      Ok, I understand cutting out the curve.  What does the front of it look like before you sew the eri down.  It seems very high up on my neck when I try it on.  Do I fold it down or work the eri onto it?

      Thanks again,
      Mari

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Eliza Hulce <pernika2003@...> wrote:
        > Ok, I understand cutting out the curve.  What does the front of it
        look like before you sew the eri down.  It seems very high up on my
        neck when I try it on.  Do I fold it down or work the eri onto it?

        The curve cut should be done at the midpoint between the front and
        back body panels - in other words, the 1" dip should be 1" below the
        shoulder fold.

        The eri gets folded over for finishing. If you've tried it on before
        it's folded down it will feel and look a little weird.

        The finished eri should lie against the back of your neck.