Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Help Some Anime Fans

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1 11:31 AM
      Given the discussion in the previous messages, I question your decision
      that the robe in question is a uchikake. While I don't claim to be an
      expert in such things, all of my research says that this garment was a
      robe worn over other garments and was generally ceremonial in nature. If
      you want to see a picture of modern ones, you can check out
      http://www.yamatoku.jp/classic/listing.asp?genre=1

      So far as your plan to make ",,, Making the white obi on the hakama just
      seemed like at the moment,
      plus now I can wear it to events...", this is probably a bad idea. A
      white belt, which is what your obi is, is reserved to members of the
      Order of the Chivalry in the SCA. Unless, of course, you are a
      Knight...in which case, I humbly beg your pardon!

      Kiri

      --

      Elaine Koogler
      Consultant

      Dragon's Lair Enterprises

      Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
      knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
      -- C.E. Lawrence
    • seven_add1
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 5 5:45 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

        > Sorry didn't mean to give you a headache =(
        >
        > Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth
        is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
        > Jeanel Walker

        Oh no. You had just given me an idea for a fanfic. Headache is my own
        doing.

        Tatsume