Re: Help Some Anime Fans

  • seven_add1
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2008
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Oaks" <onewringgold@...> wrote:

      > Konnichiwa,
      > It's been a long time since I've posted on this list, but I'm a
      > Bleach fan as well. In an attempt to answer Tatsume's question, my
      > best guess would be that the outer black garment and the white
      > garment underneath are probably kosode, but with more open sleeves
      > like a hitoe or uchigi. If you watch the anime closely, the sleeves
      > on the garments of the shinigami don't extend the whole way to the
      > wrist, but they are open as opposed to being sewn up to where the
      > arm comes through. More than likely they were not so much based on
      > historical garments but more likely created to have a certain flowy
      > look to them. I know one of the characters wears a fancy full lenth
      > pink hitoe or uchigi over his shinigami uniform, plus the captain
      > all have sleeveless garments they wear over their uniform, for which
      > the proper name escapes me at the moment.
      >
      > Are we constructing an outfit for cosplay perhaps? Hope I answered
      > your questions without creating too much more confusion.
      >
      > Kajiyama Shinobu

      A discussion between myself and a fan writer brought the question to
      mind and made me realize we don't have a name for that garment. So
      planning on getting input and create a "This is what it's called"
      list. I believe that pink top is an uchikake. The fan writer I spoke
      to said that she had read in one of those side notes that it was a
      woman's garment and that's the only think I can think of to match.

      Thanks for the input.

      Tatsume

      P.S. already made a cosplay outfit though it's not 100% accurate.
      Making the white obi on the hakama just seemed like at the moment,
      plus now I can wear it to events ;p
    • seven_add1
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 5, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

        > Sorry didn't mean to give you a headache =(
        >
        > Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth
        is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
        > Jeanel Walker

        Oh no. You had just given me an idea for a fanfic. Headache is my own
        doing.

        Tatsume