Re: Sugoroku

  • Vincent
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2008
      Here is a source for tansu hardware: http://www.chisler.net/tansu69.html.

      Abayo,
      Binsu

      > The following is brought to you by the letters C for Camp Box, B for
      > Backgammon and J for joinery.
      >
      > I wanted something to store the tea things in at events. I built this
      > out of pre-cut craft plywood. All the joinery was glued and clamped,
      > using 1/2" wood strips inside the corners. The lid lifts on and off
      > and has 1/4 wood strips inside the top so that the lid fits onto the
      > box without sliding. If anything, it's almost too snug a fit.
      >
      > To see more, go here:
      > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/212722.html
      >
      > Saionji no Hanae
      > West Kingdom

    • JL Badgley
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2008
        On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:59 AM, wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
        > The following is brought to you by the letters C for Camp Box, B for
        > Backgammon and J for joinery.
        >
        > I wanted something to store the tea things in at events. I built this
        > out of pre-cut craft plywood. All the joinery was glued and clamped,
        > using 1/2" wood strips inside the corners. The lid lifts on and off
        > and has 1/4 wood strips inside the top so that the lid fits onto the
        > box without sliding. If anything, it's almost too snug a fit.
        >
        > To see more, go here:
        > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/212722.html
        >
        > Saionji no Hanae
        > West Kingdom

        This is very cool.

        I had a project I started like this, but didn't get quite as far--I
        left it alone (and then it started to warp, etc.) Now you're making
        me want to try again.

        -Ii
      • James Eckman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 22, 2008
          > Posted by: "wodeford" wodeford@... wodeford
          >
          > I wanted something to store the tea things in at events. I built this
          > out of pre-cut craft plywood. All the joinery was glued and clamped,
          > using 1/2" wood strips inside the corners. The lid lifts on and off
          > and has 1/4 wood strips inside the top so that the lid fits onto the
          > box without sliding. If anything, it's almost too snug a fit.

          Sweet! You did a great job on the painting.

          If your looking for hardware, one of these may have what you want.

          http://www.hidatool.com/shop/shop.html

          Some of these are a bit cheezy...
          http://japanwoodworker.com/dept.asp?s=JapanWoodworker&dept_id=12977

          Soko Hardware near JTown in San Francisco used to carry tansu hardware
          but I haven't been there for several years.

          Other woodworking companies have some bits and pieces, if anybody has a
          better source, share.

          Jim Eckman