Re:[SCA-JML] Learning Japanese (Re:Hello...I'm new to this site.)

  • Renee Pitcock
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
      I'm currently taking Japanese classes in college and I know the class website has some helpful links. Check it out at http://japan.tamu.edu Also, if you are thinking about buying a book, the Genki book has served my class well and has a corresponding workbook.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
        You can get Visual, Audio, and translation  from learning languages at Livemocha.com  It's definately free and... at the moment.. I'm in the 2nd level of learning Russian.

        It's nice to have the pictures, the actual russian alphabet, and a voice to tell you what the word sounds like.

        Think of it as the generic form of Rosetta stone... for free.

        Hope this helps a bit,
        Ume

        See ya next time,

        Diane Taylor

        http://dianet-write.weebly.com/

        http://paranormal-minds.blogspot.com/

        http://groups.google.com/group/order-of-demented-dreamers

        Writers don't get mad, they write books.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
          http://lrnj.com/

          It's game for mastering kana and some kanji. Not especially hi-tech, but it will speed up recognition and it's *worlds* better than just reading and writing to memorize.

          MJ Peters