Re: [SCA-JML] Learning Japanese (Re:Hello...I'm new to this site.)

  • Dean Wayland
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
      Hi,

      >I recommend this website:
      >http://www.japanesepod101.com/
      >
      >They have free audio lessons for all levels, even newbie. You can pay more
      >to get written study materials too, if you want.
      >
      >Ganbatte!

      I just wanted to say that that is a really good and fun web site, thanks
      for posting it. I might finally actually get around to learning the
      language at long last:-) Anyway, back to lurking....

      Yours

      Dean

      --
      Dean Wayland

      http://www.thefightschool.demon.co.uk
    • Jeanel Walker
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
        Thank you I'll check it out!!!

        Change is in the heart... age is in the mind... Beauty and or truth is in the eye of the beholder....But Kindness is Eternal.
        Jeanel Walker

        -
      • Renee Pitcock
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
          I'm currently taking Japanese classes in college and I know the class website has some helpful links. Check it out at http://japan.tamu.edu Also, if you are thinking about buying a book, the Genki book has served my class well and has a corresponding workbook.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
            You can get Visual, Audio, and translation  from learning languages at Livemocha.com  It's definately free and... at the moment.. I'm in the 2nd level of learning Russian.

            It's nice to have the pictures, the actual russian alphabet, and a voice to tell you what the word sounds like.

            Think of it as the generic form of Rosetta stone... for free.

            Hope this helps a bit,
            Ume

            See ya next time,

            Diane Taylor

            http://dianet-write.weebly.com/

            http://paranormal-minds.blogspot.com/

            http://groups.google.com/group/order-of-demented-dreamers

            Writers don't get mad, they write books.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15, 2008
              http://lrnj.com/

              It's game for mastering kana and some kanji. Not especially hi-tech, but it will speed up recognition and it's *worlds* better than just reading and writing to memorize.

              MJ Peters