Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Scroll Question

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 12 3:07 PM

      > On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
      > Japanese.

      With all possible respect, in a word BARF! Please, please, please try to
      learn Japanese. Please do not write English with a "Japanesey" script.

    • sekinakagawa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 12 3:29 PM
        Greetings!
        That is what I am trying to attempt with this scroll. I am just waiting to
        see what the baroness wants before I attempt to use a translator or seek
        further help, but I am very happy and gratefully that the e-mails on this topic
        still coming and I am taking full advantage of all given information. Long
        time ago when I was a young Marine I was station in Yokosuka, Japan,
        unfortunately for me all the language that I learned is now in a hidden spot in my brain
        and I am unable to recall much or any (if only small common phrases).

        Humbly,
        -Sukeie

        To ask a question may be a moments' shame,
        But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

        Read reviews on AOL Autos.

      • seven_add1
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 13 9:02 AM
          wrote:

          > Noble Cousin!
          >
          > Greetings from Solveig!
          > > On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
          > > Japanese.
          >
          > With all possible respect, in a word BARF! Please, please, please try to
          > learn Japanese. Please do not write English with a "Japanesey" script.
          >
          > Your Humble Servant
          > Solveig Throndardottir
          > Amateur Scholar

          I was just mentioning it because there was an example of a scroll that
          was written in English with a "Japanesey" script (I think they were
          calling it hack or something) so I was just giving another example. I
          personally prefer to write in Japanese.

          Tatsume