Re: two questions

  • seven_add1
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2008
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, karl.j.jacobs@... wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > The incoming Prince of Northshield is Tatsu Kitakaze Raito, who will be
      > leading our troops in battle at the Great Pennsic War. My Laurel
      has put
      > two questions to me, which I turn to this august audience in trying to
      > answer:
      >
      > First, His Highness has asked her to be in charge of waterbearing
      for the
      > Principality, and would like to give her a title reflective of this
      > position. While I understand that there was no such period office,
      > position, or title, I would like to be able to give her the best
      > approximation that I can. His Higness suggested "Water General" or
      > "General of the Waterbearers" as possible terms for translation. Can
      > anyone advise as to what the most correct term would be, in English and
      > Japanese?
      >
      > Arigato Gozaimasu,
      > Kou Toshikage

      People seem to have gotten distracted from your post. My best bet
      would be Mizuka no Oyadama 水舁の親玉. The "ka" is from verb kaku 舁く
      "to bear; to carry". Mizu is water. Oyadama means "boss; chief; head".
      Now whether or not it's periodish I don't know. Japanese language is
      not my strong suit and I used my dictionaries to come up with this.

      Tatsume