Re: Scroll Question

  • seven_add1
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008
      On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
      Japanese.

      Tatsume
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008

        > On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
        > Japanese.

        With all possible respect, in a word BARF! Please, please, please try to
        learn Japanese. Please do not write English with a "Japanesey" script.

      • sekinakagawa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008
          Greetings!
          That is what I am trying to attempt with this scroll. I am just waiting to
          see what the baroness wants before I attempt to use a translator or seek
          further help, but I am very happy and gratefully that the e-mails on this topic
          still coming and I am taking full advantage of all given information. Long
          time ago when I was a young Marine I was station in Yokosuka, Japan,
          unfortunately for me all the language that I learned is now in a hidden spot in my brain
          and I am unable to recall much or any (if only small common phrases).

          Humbly,
          -Sukeie

          To ask a question may be a moments' shame,
          But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

          Read reviews on AOL Autos.

        • seven_add1
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 13, 2008
            wrote:

            > Noble Cousin!
            >
            > Greetings from Solveig!
            > > On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
            > > Japanese.
            >
            > With all possible respect, in a word BARF! Please, please, please try to
            > learn Japanese. Please do not write English with a "Japanesey" script.
            >
            > Your Humble Servant
            > Solveig Throndardottir
            > Amateur Scholar

            I was just mentioning it because there was an example of a scroll that
            was written in English with a "Japanesey" script (I think they were
            calling it hack or something) so I was just giving another example. I
            personally prefer to write in Japanese.

            Tatsume