Re: Scroll Question

  • seven_add1
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008
      On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
      Japanese.
    • seven_add1
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008
        On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
        Japanese.

        Tatsume
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008

          > On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
          > Japanese.

          With all possible respect, in a word BARF! Please, please, please try to
          learn Japanese. Please do not write English with a "Japanesey" script.

        • sekinakagawa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 12, 2008
            Greetings!
            That is what I am trying to attempt with this scroll. I am just waiting to
            see what the baroness wants before I attempt to use a translator or seek
            further help, but I am very happy and gratefully that the e-mails on this topic
            still coming and I am taking full advantage of all given information. Long
            time ago when I was a young Marine I was station in Yokosuka, Japan,
            unfortunately for me all the language that I learned is now in a hidden spot in my brain
            and I am unable to recall much or any (if only small common phrases).

            Humbly,
            -Sukeie

            To ask a question may be a moments' shame,
            But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

            Read reviews on AOL Autos.

          • seven_add1
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 13, 2008
              wrote:

              > Noble Cousin!
              >
              > Greetings from Solveig!
              > > On www.dafont.com they have a font called Sumdumgoi that looks pretty
              > > Japanese.
              >
              > With all possible respect, in a word BARF! Please, please, please try to
              > learn Japanese. Please do not write English with a "Japanesey" script.
              >
              > Your Humble Servant
              > Solveig Throndardottir
              > Amateur Scholar

              I was just mentioning it because there was an example of a scroll that
              was written in English with a "Japanesey" script (I think they were
              calling it hack or something) so I was just giving another example. I
              personally prefer to write in Japanese.

              Tatsume