armor makers...

  • ocapunk111
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31 4:45 PM
      i really havent used this group much. i just mainly read the topics
      posted here. never posted anything of my own. well now im in ned of
      information. does anybody in this group make armour for use in the sca?
      i am in need of a person to make me a helm that is up to heavy fighting
      standards. i reside on norther california about an hour from
      sacramento. im willing to pay needed price and for shipping if needed.
      let me know thanks.
    • Michael Peters
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
        http://www.blackhydraarmouries.com/SCAJapanese/J.htm

        M.J. Peters

        To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.comFrom: ocapunk111@...: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:45:36 +0000Subject: [SCA-JML] armor makers...

        i really havent used this group much. i just mainly read the topics posted here. never posted anything of my own. well now im in ned of information. does anybody in this group make armour for use in the sca? i am in need of a person to make me a helm that is up to heavy fighting standards. i reside on norther california about an hour from sacramento. im willing to pay needed price and for shipping if needed. let me know thanks.

      • Horatius at the Bridge
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
          Where in northern CA? I know quite a few armorers up here. Computers are alot like Old Testament gods; a lot of rules and absolutely no mercy. -- Joseph Campbell

          To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.comFrom: ocapunk111@...: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:45:36 +0000Subject: [SCA-JML] armor makers...

          i really havent used this group much. i just mainly read the topics posted here. never posted anything of my own. well now im in ned of information. does anybody in this group make armour for use in the sca? i am in need of a person to make me a helm that is up to heavy fighting standards. i reside on norther california about an hour from sacramento. im willing to pay needed price and for shipping if needed. let me know thanks.

        • jason garnett
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
            i am about 20 min from chico ca. or an hour and a half north from sacramento.

            To: sca-jml@yahoogroups .comFrom: ocapunk111@yahoo. comDate: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:45:36 +0000Subject: [SCA-JML] armor makers...

            i really havent used this group much. i just mainly read the topics posted here. never posted anything of my own. well now im in ned of information. does anybody in this group make armour for use in the sca? i am in need of a person to make me a helm that is up to heavy fighting standards. i reside on norther california about an hour from sacramento. im willing to pay needed price and for shipping if needed. let me know thanks.

            http://www.windowsl ive.com/messenge r/connect_ your_way. html?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_Refresh_ messenger_ video_072008

          • ocapunk111
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
              well i live about an hour and a half north from sacramento. or (if
              anybody knows where chico is im about 30 min from that. in a town
              called oroville.

              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Horatius at the Bridge
              <horatius314@...> wrote:

              > Where in northern CA? I know quite a few armorers up here.
              Computers are alot like Old Testament gods; a lot of rules and
              absolutely no mercy. -- Joseph Campbell

              > To: sca-jml@...: ocapunk111@...: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:45:36
              +0000Subject: [SCA-JML] armor makers...

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "ocapunk111" <ocapunk111@...> wrote:

                > well i live about an hour and a half north from sacramento. or (if
                > anybody knows where chico is im about 30 min from that. in a town
                > called oroville.

                How can I ever forget Oroville! I had car trouble there a couple of
                summers ago. ;-D

                Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who specializes in Japanese style
                armors in kingdom. If you're willing to work long distance, though,
                Mr. Peters' work is renowned among Nihonjin of the Known World.

                Saionji no Hanae
                Province of the Mists, West Kingdom
              • ocapunk111
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
                  from what ive seen via the web site his work does look very good. it
                  was a personal mistake due to mis-reading some information posted on
                  the page which led me to belive that he didnt ship out of country.i
                  was wrong. as for oroville, i hope your next visit is more plesant. ;)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
                    If you can get down to Golden Rivers fighter practice, theres an armorer by the name of Johann Mathorn. (he lives up in Foresthill.) He can set you up real good. HIs philosophy tends to be in the vein of having you doing some of the grunt and design work (which ensures you get exactly what you want). But, on the plus side, his prices are REALLY low. My first kabuto (o.k., my pseudo-kabuto) cost me two Arby's lunches, a pizza and 2 six-packs of really good beer. I would up throwing in a fifth of Jack when I needed some modifications done. But that was 6 years ago. Prices may have increased due to inflation. Computers are alot like Old Testament gods; a lot of rules and absolutely no mercy. -- Joseph Campbell

                    To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.comFrom: ocapunk111@...: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 01:08:43 +0000Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: armor makers...

                    from what ive seen via the web site his work does look very good. it was a personal mistake due to mis-reading some information posted on the page which led me to belive that he didnt ship out of country.i was wrong. as for oroville, i hope your next visit is more plesant. ;)--- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "wodeford" <wodeford@...> wrote:>> --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "ocapunk111" <ocapunk111@> wrote:> >> > well i live about an hour and a half north from sacramento. or (if > > anybody knows where chico is im about 30 min from that. in a town > > called oroville.> > How can I ever forget Oroville! I had car trouble there a couple of> summers ago. ;-D> > Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who specializes in Japanese style> armors in kingdom. If you're willing to work long distance, though,> Mr. Peters' work is renowned among Nihonjin of the Known World. > > Saionji no Hanae> Province of the Mists, West Kingdom>

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 7, 2008

                      Greetings from Solveig! While you folks are searching for armor, I
                      suggest that you check out the helmets made Ogami. I believe that he
                      can be reached via the Yama Kaminari web site. He also occasionally
                      sells helmets on ebay.