Re: [SCA-JML] RUM ??

  • ADutch64@nctv.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 7 3:16 AM
      What is RUM??

      -Takeda Yoshinaka-sama

      On Mon Jul 7 3:17 , Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> sent:

      >Noble Cousin!
      >
      >Greetings from Solveig!
      >
      >> Will anyone be at RUM?
      >
      >Which session in which kingdom?
      >
      >Your Humble Servant
      >Solveig Throndardottir
      >Amateur Scholar

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 7 6:16 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:

        > What is RUM??

        I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it is this:
        http://www.midrealm.org/rum/index.shtml

        If you're posting about an event (either an announcement or a
        question), it helps if you identify where/when because we aren't all
        from the same parts of the Known World.

        Two sen worth,
      • ADutch64@nctv.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 7 6:53 AM
          Domo Saionji no Hanae!

          -Takeda Yoshinaka-sama
          Kingdom of Atlantia

          On Mon Jul 7 9:16 , 'wodeford' <wodeford@...> sent

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 7 11:31 AM

            > Domo Saionji no Hanae!
            >
            > -Takeda Yoshinaka-sama
            > Kingdom of Atlantia
            >
            > On Mon Jul 7 9:16 , 'wodeford' <wodeford@...> sent
            >>
            >> --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <ADutch64@...> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> What is RUM??
            >>
            >> I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it is this:

            One reason that I posted my question is that I had already
            checked the Middle Kingdom event schedule and couldn't
            find any RUM sessions in the near future.

          • kegage
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 7 2:37 PM
              Royal University of Meridies.
              It is Meridies's main collegium event.

              Uilleam

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 7 3:05 PM
                Noble cousin!

                Greetings from Solveig!

                > Royal University of Meridies.
                > It is Meridies's main collegium event.

                The problem of course is that Royal University of the Midrealm is
                also commonly abbreviated as RUM.

              • Rich Goble
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 7 3:16 PM
                  The event being discussed is for the Royal University of Meridies on July 18-20. Here is the flyer: http://www.glaedenfeld.org/Events/RUM_2008/rumflyer.pdf.

                  Royal University of The Midrealm happened back in March.

                  I also agree with the points made by Solveig-sensei and Saionji-hime.

                  - Imagawa Tadamori

                  The problem of course is that Royal University of the Midrealm is
                  also commonly abbreviated as RUM.

                • Bryant Richards
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 7 7:26 PM
                    Many Pardons I was not aware that there was another RUM

                    In Honor and Service,

                    Uesugi no Ryujuichiro Uchiyasu

                    From: Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@acm. org>

                    To: sca-jml@yahoogroups .com

                    Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 5:05 PM

                    Noble cousin!

                    Greetings from Solveig!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 7 9:10 PM
                      No harm, no foul Uesugi-dono! An organization like the SCA is bound to have overlaps in nomenclature somewhere just due to its size.  :-)

                      I originally jumped in just to clarify the thread a bit, but after re-reading my hastily written original response, I realize that it could have been taken as being kind of snarky. I apologize to anyone that took it that way - it was my intent to just point folks the right direction, since as a Midrealm resident I knew our RUM was over with already.

                      - Imagawa Tadamori

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 11 11:47 AM

                        Greetings from Solveig! I am thinking of turning my Japanese poetry
                        handout into a more substantial work. Would folks here possibly be
                        interested in purchasing bound copies if and when I manage to finish
                        the thing. Thank you very much.

                      • Franzi Dickson
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 11 12:02 PM
                          Depends on how substantial a dent it would put in my wallet. ;-)

                          $10 - definitely
                          $20 - probably
                          $30 - maybe

                          >Greetings from Solveig! I am thinking of turning my Japanese poetry
                          >handout into a more substantial work. Would folks here possibly be
                          >interested in purchasing bound copies if and when I manage to finish
                          >the thing. Thank you very much.
                          >
                          >Your Humble Servant
                          >Solveig Throndardottir
                          >Amateur Scholar

                        • Jamie Ritter
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 11 12:03 PM
                            I think I will second that. Finances are tight right now but I am interested.

                            "Well behaved women rarely made history"

                            Depends on how substantial a dent it would put in my wallet. ;-)

                            $10 - definitely
                            $20 - probably
                            $30 - maybe

                            >Greetings from Solveig! I am thinking of turning my Japanese poetry
                            >handout into a more substantial work. Would folks here possibly be
                            >interested in purchasing bound copies if and when I manage to finish
                            >the thing. Thank you very much.
                            >
                            >Your Humble Servant
                            >Solveig Throndardottir
                            >Amateur Scholar

                          • Rich Goble
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 11 2:33 PM
                              I'll third it, with the same restriction.

                              - Imagawa Tadamori

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 11 10:01 PM

                                Greetings from Solveig! Thank you for your interest. Of course costs
                                are going up at the same time everyone's wallets are growing thinner,
                                so I don't know whether I will be able to pull of the price range.
                                Basically, the shorter a press run, the greater the cost. That is one
                                reason that academic books cost more than an arm and a leg.