Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Kamon Color

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 5, 2008
      Kiri hime!

      > I hate to disagree with you, Solveig, but I know that, unless things
      > have changed drastically, folks were encouraged to register heraldry
      > using purple and green specifically because there weren't a whole
      > lot of
      > devices registered with the CoH that used those colors...the other
      > colors and the metals aare heavily used.

      That changed after the "modest proposal" eliminated conflict checking
      against Papworth, &c.

    • Maddalena Alessandra
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 5, 2008
        As someone who passed a European style  device purpure(purple) and blue(azure) per pale (vertical split) for the field and  with these same colors and division for  the charge a badge fieldless(no specified background color), it passed a decade ago, but you get some looks especially from heralds if the colors kinda meld, such as mine and a friend who use a green and blue split field

        Maeda/Madd Alex

        --- On Fri, 7/4/08, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:

        This is the person who handles submissions for the
        Laurel Sovereign of Arms. According to him:

        "Vert and purpure were certainly not common in period European heraldry.
        Purpure started out as a purplish gray ---- and wasn't terribly
        popular true purples were so expensive

        However, we do have some examples of both vert and purpure being used throughout medieval and renaissance Europe (East and West). So,  we may try to dampen enthusisasm for OVER-using them, we do NOT discourage their use."

        Kiri

        .