Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Kamon Size?

  • sekinakagawa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008
      Greetings and well met!
      Thank you all, as always the fact of so many periods comes out, and all
      your answers are so well put. So, for shorts I could use a single large one on
      the back of the upper portion of the garment and it would be ok (what about
      the front?) or I could do as in the Nobunaga picture and again what would the
      approximate size of the "small ones" when you use 5 markings would be?

      Humbly,
      - Sukeie
      but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:

        > Greetings and well met!
        > Thank you all, as always the fact of so many periods comes out, and
        all
        > your answers are so well put. So, for shorts I could use a single
        large one on
        > the back of the upper portion of the garment and it would be ok
        (what about
        > the front?) or I could do as in the Nobunaga picture and again what
        would the
        > approximate size of the "small ones" when you use 5 markings would be?

        If you do the large one, there really isn't room on the front to
        repeat it, though you could certainly embellish both sides with
        stripes above the kamon as in Ii-dono's red kataginu.

        For the smaller two-front/one-back arrangement, maybe 2 to 2.5 inches
        in diameter. (Modern crested haori and kimono tend to have even
        smaller kamon on them, around 1.5 to 2 inches.)

      • Ezequiel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
          Hanae-hime,
          Thank you so much for the info and thanks to Solveig, Ii, and everyone
          else. I will be working on marking my garbs this weekend as I am not
          going to make it to the An Tir / West War (couldn't get out of work)
          and will post picures of them (maybe even with me wearing them,
          hehehe).

          Humbly,
          - Sukeie