Re: [SCA-JML] Looking for Pennsic SCA group...

  • shibari
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2008
      Thank you! Clan Yama Kaminari is the encampment I was thinking of.
      Last year was my first Pennsic & I was camped in E01. I walked by their
      encampment almost daily. Never stopped though because I discovered the
      Japanese persona later, and noone in my group was interested. *sad* I
      will admit that my knowledge in Japanese culture and history is at a
      beginner level at best.

      My current camp options have recently started to, well, show signs of
      falling apart (for lack of a better description). The original larger
      group has split several ways creating very small camps. Money shortages
      are making the few camps that I do know of, wishy-washy on whether or
      not they will even make it to Pennsic. I am faced now with committing
      to a camp that may not exist, camping in an encampment that doesn't
      offer much, or camping in singles where I worry more about the security
      of our belongings. I'm looking at my options.

      I understand the need to meet people before allowing them to camp with
      them. As someone who is going to Pennsic for the second time ever and
      bringing a girl who is a Pennsic virgin, I would appreciate any
      additional advice anyone can give me. Last year I took a real interest
      in the Japanese garb / persona. Actually purchased quite a bit from a
      vendor there. Since I am seeking out a new Pennsic home, though I would
      at least pursue a Japanese encampment as an option. I have plans to
      build a 16' yurt though... not sure how well that would fit the
      Japanese theme. LOL

      I will try to contact the people and find the websites you have
      mentioned. Thank you for the fast reply.
      -Arpus

      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, shibari <shibari@...> wrote:
        > will admit that my knowledge in Japanese culture and history is at a
        > beginner level at best.
        and Files sections. There's a lot of information there that you may
        find useful.

        > I will try to contact the people and find the websites you have
        > mentioned.

        I don't know if the Tengusanji folks on Willow Point have one, but CYK
        is at http://www.yamakaminari.com

        Be sure to check the class schedule at Pennsic - a number of classes
        on Japanese culture are held at Yama Kaminari's camp.

        Hope this is helpful,