Re: [SCA-JML] News from the outside world.

  • Rich Goble
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
      ProLinkHosting.com. They'll hook ya up with unlimited drive space and unlimited bandwidth for $10/year. No gimmicks, no ads, no catches, no bandwidth caps, no BS... none of it. It'll take 'em about a day and a half to set up your hosting account and get everything situated.

      (I know about 'em because I've used them for years and they are wonderful. No I don't get kickbacks. I just believe in what they do.)

      - Imagawa Tadamori

      Andrew T Trembley <attrembl@...> wrote:
      On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:15 PM, wodeford wrote:
      > At the risk of sounding boastful, I not only had 20 + people turn up
      > after a hard Saturday night's partying for my 10 AM class on
      > pre-Edo-period Japanese clothing, but I took home the Journeyman class
      > prize for documentation in the historical masquerade at Costume Con 26
      > this weekend with my karaginu mo. Read more here:
      > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/162853.html and
      > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/163308.html

      Between event (studio-style) photo and roving photographers, over
      20,000 frames were turned in to the convention's photo office.

      It's taking a little time to process and figure out how/where to host
      all of this.

      In the mean time, we've got a flickr group that individuals have been
      posting their pics to:
      <http://www.flickr.com/groups/cc26>

      I haven't seen a pic of the karaginu mo come through yet, but I know
      official photography got some good shots.

      andy

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2008
        > At the risk of sounding boastful, I not only had 20 + people turn up
        > after a hard Saturday night's partying for my 10 AM class on
        > pre-Edo-period Japanese clothing, but I took home the Journeyman class
        > prize for documentation in the historical masquerade at Costume Con 26
        > this weekend with my karaginu mo.

        Yahoogroups will not accept the illustration attachments as being too
        large a file. In the meantime, I have uploaded the text file to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca-jml/files/Garb%20files/Karaginu%20Mo%20Saionji%20no%20Hanae/

        My "dress diary" was also part of the document presented to the judges
        and can be seen at http://www.wodefordhall.com/karaginumo.htm

        Saionji no Hanae
        West
      • Leonard, Elizabeth A. @ Sacramento
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2008
          Go Saion-ji! Go Saion-ji!
          It's your birth-day
          Got your mon-key
          And your mo prize
          Go girl-riend!
          (sung while doing the cabbage patch in hakama)
          -Yukiko