News from the outside world.

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
      At the risk of sounding boastful, I not only had 20 + people turn up
      after a hard Saturday night's partying for my 10 AM class on
      pre-Edo-period Japanese clothing, but I took home the Journeyman class
      prize for documentation in the historical masquerade at Costume Con 26
      this weekend with my karaginu mo. Read more here:
      http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/162853.html and
      http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/163308.html

      Thank you to the Nihonjin of the Known World, for inspiring me, asking
      questions and keeping it real.

    • Maryam
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
        wodeford wrote:

        > At the risk of sounding boastful, I not only had 20 + people turn up
        > after a hard Saturday night's partying for my 10 AM class on
        > pre-Edo-period Japanese clothing, but I took home the Journeyman class
        > prize for documentation in the historical masquerade at Costume Con 26
        > this weekend with my karaginu mo. Read more here:
        > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/162853.html
        > <http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/162853.html> and
        > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/163308.html
        > <http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/163308.html>
        >
        > Thank you to the Nihonjin of the Known World, for inspiring me, asking
        > questions and keeping it real.
        >
        > Saionji no Hanae
        > West Kingdom
        >
        > .
        > .
        > .

        It sounds like it was a definite success! I am only sad I couldn't be
        there.

        -Maryam
      • Andrew T Trembley
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
          On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:15 PM, wodeford wrote:
          > At the risk of sounding boastful, I not only had 20 + people turn up
          > after a hard Saturday night's partying for my 10 AM class on
          > pre-Edo-period Japanese clothing, but I took home the Journeyman class
          > prize for documentation in the historical masquerade at Costume Con 26
          > this weekend with my karaginu mo. Read more here:
          > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/162853.html and
          > http://gurdymonkey.livejournal.com/163308.html

          Between event (studio-style) photo and roving photographers, over
          20,000 frames were turned in to the convention's photo office.

          It's taking a little time to process and figure out how/where to host
          all of this.

          In the mean time, we've got a flickr group that individuals have been
          posting their pics to:
          <http://www.flickr.com/groups/cc26>

          I haven't seen a pic of the karaginu mo come through yet, but I know
          official photography got some good shots.

          andy
        • Rich Goble
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
            ProLinkHosting.com. They'll hook ya up with unlimited drive space and unlimited bandwidth for $10/year. No gimmicks, no ads, no catches, no bandwidth caps, no BS... none of it. It'll take 'em about a day and a half to set up your hosting account and get everything situated.

            (I know about 'em because I've used them for years and they are wonderful. No I don't get kickbacks. I just believe in what they do.)

            - Imagawa Tadamori

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2008
              > At the risk of sounding boastful, I not only had 20 + people turn up
              > after a hard Saturday night's partying for my 10 AM class on
              > pre-Edo-period Japanese clothing, but I took home the Journeyman class
              > prize for documentation in the historical masquerade at Costume Con 26
              > this weekend with my karaginu mo.

              Yahoogroups will not accept the illustration attachments as being too
              large a file. In the meantime, I have uploaded the text file to
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca-jml/files/Garb%20files/Karaginu%20Mo%20Saionji%20no%20Hanae/

              My "dress diary" was also part of the document presented to the judges
              and can be seen at http://www.wodefordhall.com/karaginumo.htm

              Saionji no Hanae
              West
            • Leonard, Elizabeth A. @ Sacramento
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2008
                Go Saion-ji! Go Saion-ji!
                It's your birth-day
                Got your mon-key
                And your mo prize
                Go girl-riend!
                (sung while doing the cabbage patch in hakama)
                -Yukiko