QUIZ!

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2008
      This was some fun over on the Samurai Archives Citadel Japanese
      History Forum (http://forums.samurai-archives.com) and I thought I'd
      see if anyone here is interested. It is pretty simple: Post a
      question and/or answer about some pre-17th century Japanese trivia.
      Try to number them, if possible, so people can respond to the right
      one. Let's try to keep no more than 4 questions 'open' at any given
      time.

      I'll start off with a couple:

      1. When did the first European ship land in Japan?
      A. 1507
      B. 1521
      C. 1534
      D. 1543
      E. 1576

      2. Who was the first shogun to receive the Chinese title 'Nihon
      Kokuo'--King of Japan?
      A. Sakanoue Tamemura
      B. Minamoto Yoritomo
      C. Ashikaga Takauji
      D. Ashikaga Yoshimitsu
      E. Ashikaga Yoshimasa
      F. Tokugawa Ieyasu

      -Ii
    • Rich Goble
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29, 2008
        Question 1: D) 1543
        Question 2: D) Ashikaga Yoshimitsu

        3. When was the Battle of Okehazama?
        a) 1381
        b) 1560
        c) 1478
        d) 1601
        e) 1516

        4. In 1554, the Imagawa formed an alliance with what two other clans?
        a) Date
        b) Hojo
        c) Ashikaga
        d) Oda
        e) Takeda
        f) Minamoto

        5. The Ii family was known for wearing what color armor?
        a) blue
        b) green
        c) red
        d) orange
        e) black

        - Imagawa Tadamori

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 29, 2008
          On 4/30/08, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:
          > 5. The Ii family was known for wearing what color armor?
          > a) blue
          > b) green
          > c) red
          > d) orange
          > e) black

          Blue... I mean RED! (AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............)

          -Josh ;)
        • John Solomon
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2008
            1. D

            2. F ?

          • JL Badgley
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2008
              On 4/30/08, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

              > Question 1: D) 1543
              > Question 2: D) Ashikaga Yoshimitsu

              Correct. #5 was c) red or my name isn't Katsumori ;) And I believe
              the following questions are open, so I'll add one more--an open-ended
              question with two parts (see below).

              > 3. When was the Battle of Okehazama?
              > a) 1381
              > b) 1560
              > c) 1478
              > d) 1601
              > e) 1516
              >
              > 4. In 1554, the Imagawa formed an alliance with what two other clans?
              > a) Date
              > b) Hojo
              > c) Ashikaga
              > d) Oda
              > e) Takeda
              > f) Minamoto

              6. There is a Heian era story of Lady Myobu and Okinomaro. Who was
              this 'Lady Myobu and what was her rank?

              -Ii
            • danabren
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2008
                > 6. There is a Heian era story of Lady Myobu and Okinomaro. Who was
                > this 'Lady Myobu and what was her rank?
                >

                > -Ii

                Wasn't Myobu-hime a cat?

                Kurokamakiri
              • JL Badgley
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1, 2008
                  On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:07 AM, danabren <danabren@...> wrote:

                  > > 6. There is a Heian era story of Lady Myobu and Okinomaro. Who was
                  > > this 'Lady Myobu and what was her rank?
                  > >

                  > > -Ii
                  >
                  > Wasn't Myobu-hime a cat?
                  >
                  > Kurokamakiri

                  Correct!

                  -Ii
                • JL Badgley
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2008
                    I'm reposting the following--I'm sure we could get answers to them:

                    On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

                    > 3. When was the Battle of Okehazama?
                    > a) 1381
                    > b) 1560
                    > c) 1478
                    > d) 1601
                    > e) 1516
                    >
                    > 4. In 1554, the Imagawa formed an alliance with what two other clans?
                    > a) Date
                    > b) Hojo
                    > c) Ashikaga
                    > d) Oda