Kanji and kana in e-mails

  • Luiseach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      In Solveig-hime's original post about on and kun readings of kanji in names,
      the kanji came through just fine on my computer, but in Ishikawa-dono's
      quote of the post, they came through as "randome ASCII characters. I have the
      Windows XP Asian language pack installed on my computer but nothing more to
      enable use of kanji or kana.

      Luighseach

      Home.

    • David Nesmith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
        I do have that pack installed and can view websites but it does nothing for email coming through my yahoo mail whether it's Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers.

        still using WindowsXP by candlelight
        Ishikawa Moritake

        Luiseach@... wrote:
        In Solveig-hime's original post about on and kun readings of kanji in names,
        the kanji came through just fine on my computer, but in Ishikawa-dono's
        quote of the post, they came through as "randome ASCII characters. I have the
        Windows XP Asian language pack installed on my computer but nothing more to
        enable use of kanji or kana.

        Luighseach

        Home.

        It's loud, it's obnoxious, it scares people, it can raise the blood. Bagpipes, the original rock 'n' roll instrument!

        test'; " type=text/css>

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008

          Greetings from Solveig! The problem might also be with yahoomail.
          However, if you are using a browser to read your email, I suggest
          that you go into the encoding settings for your browser.