Re: Garb and Name questions.

  • Leon
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 6, 2008
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Bryant <anthony_bryant@...>
      wrote:
      I have a question i am starting to make my armor for combat. i have
      found many black plastic barrels and am trying to find some cording
      to tie them together into the armor . i found a sight that shows how
      it is done but i cannot find any cord. it had a phone number to a
      place to buy 1/4 inch flat tube nylon cord but the number does not
      work and it seamed very expensive haveing to buy it in two or more
      1000 yard roles. can any one help me out with this problem.

      > On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:54 PM, masahide@... wrote:
      >
      > > Konnichi wa
      > >
      > > Are you certain about this? In most of the research I have been
      > > doing it
      > > talks about two forms of waraji. One that was a full length
      > > "sandle", and
      > > one that left the toes and heel free and was primarily used in
      combat.

      > The full-length one *is* the one that covers the soles of the
      feet.
      > Not the toes.
      >
      > The little half-sized one is like the above, only it cuts off
      behind
      > the balls of the feet.
      > '
      > The only sandal-ish footwear that support the toes are zori.
      >

      > Effingham

    • Rich Goble
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 6, 2008
        Go to Tousando - http://tousando.proboards18.com There is an armoring forum there that should contain the information you need or have links to the sites in question. The forum search function works well, as you can search individual forum sections. As far as the lacing goes, try http://www.laces4less.com A lot of us buy from there.

        - Imagawa Tadamori

        wrote:
        I have a question i am starting to make my armor for combat. i have
        found many black plastic barrels and am trying to find some cording
        to tie them together into the armor . i found a sight that shows how
        it is done but i cannot find any cord. it had a phone number to a
        place to buy 1/4 inch flat tube nylon cord but the number does not
        work and it seamed very expensive haveing to buy it in two or more
        1000 yard roles. can any one help me out with this problem.

        > On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:54 PM, masahide@... wrote:
        >
        > > Konnichi wa
        > >
        > > Are you certain about this? In most of the research I have been
        > > doing it
        > > talks about two forms of waraji. One that was a full length
        > > "sandle", and
        > > one that left the toes and heel free and was primarily used in
        combat.

        > The full-length one *is* the one that covers the soles of the
        feet.
        > Not the toes.
        >
        > The little half-sized one is like the above, only it cuts off
        behind
        > the balls of the feet.
        > '
        > The only sandal-ish footwear that support the toes are zori.
        >

        > Effingham

      • Seki Nakagawa
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 7, 2008
          Greetings and well met!
          I used macrame cord, a roll cost between 6 and 10 dollars and I have made 3 sets of armour between 1992 and present. None of them have broken or damage, the only thing about it is that is not the real thin, then again you are using plastic barrel (so do I, they last for ever). So it should work for you.

          Humbly,
          Nakagawa Sukeie