Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Help with Garb

  • Tim McShane
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2008
      Where in An Tir are you? I can think of 5 or 6 Japanese personae (including
      a viscountess) in Avacal alone--and those are just the ones I know by
      name....

      - Shiro

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
        On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Seki Nakagawa <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:
        > Greetings!
        > I am telling you, some of you need to move to the northwest (An Tir)
        > inlands, I am so lonely up here, there's only two of us in a 3/4 of the
        > kingdom radius, with the highest concentration been in the coastal provinces
        > (and yes I know most of them).
        >
        > Humbly,
        > Nakagawa Sukeie

        Try Thailand....

        -Ii
      • Seki Nakagawa

          > I am telling you, some of you need to move to the northwest (An Tir)
          inlands, I am so lonely up here, there's only two of us in a 3/4 of the
          kingdom radius, with the highest concentration been in the coastal provinces
          (and yes I know most of them).

          > Humbly,
          > Nakagawa Sukeie
          >

          > In a message dated 03/04/08 06:32:07 Pacific Standard Time,
          wodeford@... writes:
          > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Jacquemart" <lq_firestorm@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > With me being a larger individual (height), I am having issues finding
          > > period garb for my character in the SCA. I know someone that will
          > > help me make the garb I'm looking for and has the patterns, but I'm
          > > still having trouble finding decent resolution pictures for me to have
          > > a better idea to go on.
          >
          > Go here first:
          > http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/ and click on Costume History In Japan.
          >
          > http://www.wodefordhall.com/samurai.htm (which I just updated this
          > weekend again thanks to my contributors!) has photos of fellow SCA
          > members in period Japanese dress. You'll see a whole gamut of physical
          > types and everyone looks great.
          >
          > Patterns:
          > There are a bunch loaded here in the group Files section as PDF
          > documents:
          >
          > http://www.dementia.org/~djl/sca/japanese/patterns.html
          >
          > http://www.wodefordhall.com/kosode.htm
          >
          > Hope this helps,
          > Saionji no Hanae
          > West Kingdom

          6:35 PM

        • Seki Nakagawa
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
            I feel you! But then again Thailand is such a beautiful country and cheap! By the way where in Thailand are you?

            - Sukeie

            In a message dated 03/07/08 04:18:53 Pacific Standard Time, tatsushu@... writes:
            On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Seki Nakagawa <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:
            > Greetings!
            > I am telling you, some of you need to move to the northwest (An Tir)
            > inlands, I am so lonely up here, there's only two of us in a 3/4 of the
            > kingdom radius, with the highest concentration been in the coastal provinces
            > (and yes I know most of them).
            >
            > Humbly,
            > Nakagawa Sukeie

            Try Thailand....

          • JL Badgley
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
              On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Seki Nakagawa <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

              > I feel you! But then again Thailand is such a beautiful country and cheap!
              > By the way where in Thailand are you?
              >
              > - Sukeie

              Bangkok. The good part is that there are Kinokuniya and similar book
              stores all over the place :) Have to make sure I don't blow our
              budget on books, no matter how cheap the food might be!

              -Ii
            • Seki Nakagawa
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2008
                Very nice!
                I have visited Thai many times during my military career, mostly Pataya Beach were me drop anchors and visited for 1-2 weeks. I had a great time each time and still miss the food and all the bargaining. What do you do over there?

                Humbly,
                - Sukeie