Re: [SCA-JML] RE: Garb and Name questions.

  • Seki Nakagawa
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 6, 2008
      Sorry mistyped, the ones they wear over there do not pass their toes, mine neither.

      Nakagawa Sukeie

      In a message dated 03/06/08 13:23:44 Pacific Standard Time, Seki Nakagawa writes:
      Greetings!
      I own a pair I purchased in while at Toshima, JP. (in the military) and my toes extend out the front. All of the ones that farmers and others wear over there extend pass the toes. Just some info from my personal experience.

      Humbly,
      Nakagawa Sukeie

      In a message dated 03/06/08 10:55:36 Pacific Standard Time, masahide@... writes:
      Konnichi wa

      Are you certain about this? In most of the research I have been doing it
      talks about two forms of waraji. One that was a full length "sandle", and
      one that left the toes and heel free and was primarily used in combat.

      Can you suggest any sources?

      Furukusu Masahide

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 6, 2008
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Bryant <anthony_bryant@...>
        wrote:
        I have a question i am starting to make my armor for combat. i have
        found many black plastic barrels and am trying to find some cording
        to tie them together into the armor . i found a sight that shows how
        it is done but i cannot find any cord. it had a phone number to a
        place to buy 1/4 inch flat tube nylon cord but the number does not
        work and it seamed very expensive haveing to buy it in two or more
        1000 yard roles. can any one help me out with this problem.

        > On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:54 PM, masahide@... wrote:
        >
        > > Konnichi wa
        > >
        > > Are you certain about this? In most of the research I have been
        > > doing it
        > > talks about two forms of waraji. One that was a full length
        > > "sandle", and
        > > one that left the toes and heel free and was primarily used in
        combat.

        > The full-length one *is* the one that covers the soles of the
        feet.
        > Not the toes.
        >
        > The little half-sized one is like the above, only it cuts off
        behind
        > the balls of the feet.
        > '
        > The only sandal-ish footwear that support the toes are zori.
        >

        > Effingham

      • Rich Goble
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 6, 2008
          Go to Tousando - http://tousando.proboards18.com There is an armoring forum there that should contain the information you need or have links to the sites in question. The forum search function works well, as you can search individual forum sections. As far as the lacing goes, try http://www.laces4less.com A lot of us buy from there.

          - Imagawa Tadamori

          wrote:
          I have a question i am starting to make my armor for combat. i have
          found many black plastic barrels and am trying to find some cording
          to tie them together into the armor . i found a sight that shows how
          it is done but i cannot find any cord. it had a phone number to a
          place to buy 1/4 inch flat tube nylon cord but the number does not
          work and it seamed very expensive haveing to buy it in two or more
          1000 yard roles. can any one help me out with this problem.

          > On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:54 PM, masahide@... wrote:
          >
          > > Konnichi wa
          > >
          > > Are you certain about this? In most of the research I have been
          > > doing it
          > > talks about two forms of waraji. One that was a full length
          > > "sandle", and
          > > one that left the toes and heel free and was primarily used in
          combat.

          > The full-length one *is* the one that covers the soles of the
          feet.
          > Not the toes.
          >
          > The little half-sized one is like the above, only it cuts off
          behind
          > the balls of the feet.
          > '
          > The only sandal-ish footwear that support the toes are zori.
          >

          > Effingham

        • Seki Nakagawa
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 7, 2008
            Greetings and well met!
            I used macrame cord, a roll cost between 6 and 10 dollars and I have made 3 sets of armour between 1992 and present. None of them have broken or damage, the only thing about it is that is not the real thin, then again you are using plastic barrel (so do I, they last for ever). So it should work for you.

            Humbly,
            Nakagawa Sukeie