a little help with pronunciation

  • Dawn Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
      Greetings Everyone!

      I am having a little trouble figuring out how to properly pronounce my
      name. I'm starting to get active again after a few (4) years of
      barely playing, and will be at Gulf Wars. I would like to be able to
      say my name correctly so that I squash the mispronunciation that has
      started. Naome is the name in question. Many see this name and call
      me "nay-oh-mee" which sounds very wrong to me. I think it should
      sound as "now-meh" or "nay-oh-meh" but fear that either of these may
      be wrong as well. Any help would be appreciated.

      Many Thanks,
      Sugihara Naome
    • Anthony Bryant
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
        On Feb 29, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Dawn Wilson wrote:

        > Greetings Everyone!
        >
        > I am having a little trouble figuring out how to properly pronounce my
        > name. I'm starting to get active again after a few (4) years of
        > barely playing, and will be at Gulf Wars. I would like to be able to
        > say my name correctly so that I squash the mispronunciation that has
        > started. Naome is the name in question. Many see this name and call
        > me "nay-oh-mee" which sounds very wrong to me. I think it should
        > sound as "now-meh" or "nay-oh-meh" but fear that either of these may
        > be wrong as well. Any help would be appreciated.

        The first part is like an extended "now" (nah-o) -- remember it's two
        syllables instead of just one -- and the second is like "meh"

        Effingham
      • Dawn Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
          You honor me with the answer! I am truly humbled to receive a
          response from such as yourself and tremendously grateful.

          Domo!
          Sugihara Naome

          > The first part is like an extended "now" (nah-o) -- remember it's two
          > syllables instead of just one -- and the second is like "meh"
          >

          > Effingham

        • Anthony Bryant
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
            On Feb 29, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Dawn Wilson wrote:

            > You honor me with the answer! I am truly humbled to receive a
            > response from such as yourself and tremendously grateful.

            Not at all. :)

            Effingham
          • Morpha
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
              If you need, I can send you an mp3 with the pronunciation of your name and a
              simple greeting? I speak Japanese.