Estrella War, Rising Sun New Year Party Thursday 2/14/08

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
      For any sca-jml members who do not also read the Tousando forum, a
      group of us have gotten together this year to form a Japanese themed
      encampment. If you are attending Estrella, I do hope you'll come visit
      us, though I confess, our little slice of Nihon officially qualifies
      as a faraway place. New Year's Eve party is Thursday evening,
      7:30-ish? Sake, tea, other refreshments depending on what's fresh at
      the market...

      http://www.estrellawar.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=iiYvh9WcXyk%3d&tabid=498&mid=1463
      shows the site. Look for the mustard colored Atenveldt blocks first.
      Look for the number "30" in the uppermost Atenveldt strip. That's
      roughly where we will be, on the north side of Agincourt Road. Our
      gate will be flying black banners with a gold (yellow) demi-roundel.

      (C'mon, did you really think we were gonna fly the Hinomaru? We'd have
      to launch a sneak attack against Caid or something....)

      I will also be teaching on Saturday afternoon a class on women writers
      of the medieval period. (3:00, unless the collegium organizers change
      something on us.)

      Saionji no Hanae
      Rising Sun
    • hector baez
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
        I am attending Estrella I will drop by. Any directions as to where the encampment will be?

      • hector baez
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2008
          erm...never mind request for directions that what I get for replying before my first cup of java

        • Andy
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2008
            Actually we are on the north side of Harfleur Rd. We are on the west
            side marked for the Barony of Atenveldt...

            <a
            href="http://www.panicbuttonradio.com/images/EWXXIV%20-%20Overview.jpg">
            Here is a jpeg of the area layout. </a>

            If that link doesn't work then just copy and paste this...

            http://www.panicbuttonradio.com/images/EWXXIV%20-%20Overview.jpg

            Thanks,

            Yagyu Tametomo

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2008
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Andy" <roninpenguin@...> wrote:

              > Actually we are on the north side of Harfleur Rd. We are on the west
              > side marked for the Barony of Atenveldt...

              My apologies (I cannot believe I read the map wrong. Slink. Slink. Slink.)

              Saionji no Useless Female (slink. Slink. Slink.
            • Andy
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
                No no no, Females are not useless when it comes to maps, they have the
                intelligence to ask for directions. :-D

                Yagyu

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 19, 2008
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Andy" <roninpenguin@...> wrote:

                  > No no no, Females are not useless when it comes to maps, they have the
                  > intelligence to ask for directions. :-D

                  I suppose the soup didn't hurt either.

                  Photos are up and in no particular order at
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/70104978@N00/sets/72157603946634507/

                  We had a wonderful time and Rising Sun was a great place to spend a
                  very muddy war.