Street Names

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2008
      Noble Cousins!

      Greetings from Solveig! There are a few old families which are known
      by street names in Heiankyou (Kyouto). These are usually the numbered
      avenues such as 二条 Nijou or 九条 Kujou. There are also some
      named districts in or near Heiankyou which appear to have spawned
      family names. Recently, I acquired a book about the origin of
      Japanese family names. I can possibly check to see if there is
      anything in it that might work. However, I can not make any promises
      of finding anything useful.