Re: [SCA-JML] Greetings Friends!

    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 6, 2008

      > Ki no Izumi now corrected to Ki Izumi

      Don't sweat the -no- too much. It is an exceptionally messy subject.
      A lot of English writing on Japan does write out the -no-. For example,
      we have Ki no Tsurayuki the famous author of Tosa Nikki and
      compiler of the Kokinwakashu.

      So for example, in the Kokinwakashu one of the poems is attributed
      to 紀貫之
      You will note that there is no -no- separating 紀 (Ki) the 氏 uji
      name from
      the rest of the name despite the fact that we generally refer to him as
      Ki no Tsurayuki in English texts. You can check this out for yourself
      at:

      http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/japanese/kokinshu/kikokin.html

      Where he is given as the author of the second poem relating to
      Springtime.

    • hector baez
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 8, 2008
        Greetings Solveig

        :D The dreaded "jouzo", might as well kill yourself right then and there .;)

        regards

        hector