Greetings Friends!

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 6, 2008
      I am a newcomer to the SCA-- I've been to a few events, but have not
      settled on a persona yet.

      After much time debating and hours of researching various cultures, I
      think that I am most inspired by the Heian period in Japan. I have
      some information on that period, and research and stitching comes to
      me easily enough, but as far as persona development, I haven't the
      slightest! I've written stories and the like before, but I don't
      really know how it all is done in the SCA.

      I suppose I'm writing to beg for a mentor of some sort-- I'd like to
      find a name by the next event (I'm in An-Tir and excited to go to the
      Barony of Stromgards' founding revel on February 2nd), and start
      working on the persona aspect of it along side with researching for
      garb that would fit my persona, once it's better fleshed out....

      So if anybody would be willing to help a lady select a name (suitable
      for the Heian), and share a few pointers on creating a persona (of any
      period!), I would be very very greatful! :3

      Yours,

      -j
    • hector baez
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 8, 2008
        Greetings Solveig

        :D The dreaded "jouzo", might as well kill yourself right then and there .;)

        regards

        hector