decoration for non-silk garments

  • Luiseach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008
      I know that a variety of embellishments, from woven patterns, either damasks
      or woven color like plaids or stripes, to dying, spot color via resist dye,
      block printing, etc and embroidery were used on silk fabrics during the
      15th-16th centuries, but what about fabrics and garments made out of bast fibers
      like hemp/ramie, etc? Most, if not all, of the fabric embellishing techniques
      used on silk are feasible for these types of fabrics, but do we have
      evidence that they were used?

      Luighseach