Re: Just ranking systems

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2007
      In the NMRA (National Model Railroad Association), similar to the SCA,
      there are awards that members can earn. These have somewhat objective
      categories. You get X number of points for adhering to a prototype, this
      requires research, workmanship, function, etc. In terms of helping
      members improve their costuming and reenacting personas, I think it
      would be a good idea. Since you are never excluded from any NMRA meet
      based on your modeling ability, I would recommend that these scores
      would never be used as an exclusion tool.

      Catagories:
      Research: X%
      Appropriate materials or excellent simulation: X%
      Proper fitting as appropriate: X%
      Accessories: X%
      Workmanship: X%

      Jim Eckman