Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help - a garb question

  • Ellen Badgley
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 13, 2007
      I second this. Although I understand what you are trying to say, the
      term "Nazi" is simply not appropriate for any use other than to
      describe a particular political philosophy that originated in 1930's
      Germany, and its followers. Anything else diminishes its impact.

      I do agree with your garb "ranking system"-- this is a great way to
      think about it!

      - Abe Akirakeiko

      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 17, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

        > Tachi swords were worn blade down, katana and wakazashi blade up.
        >
        > I just found a website today that elaborates on men's/women's
        sleeve length (it looks modern but at least it will give you an idea)
        - http://www.hanamiweb.com/kimono.html.

        It IS modern, especially all the stuff in section 3.1 about sleeves.
        It's a nice, basic overview if you're interested in the evolution of
        modern women's kimono, otherwise, it may just confuse you.

        Saionji no Hanae,