Re: [SCA-JML] help - a garb question

  • sekinakagawa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 12, 2007
      Solveig,
      As always your wisdom and knowledge shines through, that is an excellent
      place to look at for references, as per the Kosode being an underwear, I used
      that term for the simplest way to put it to one with little experience working
      Japanese garbs. My appoligies, I do not mean to miss lead anyone.

      Humbly,
      Nakagawa Sukeie

      To ask a question may be a moments shame,
      but not to ask and remain ignorant is a life long shame.

      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 17, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

        > Tachi swords were worn blade down, katana and wakazashi blade up.
        >
        > I just found a website today that elaborates on men's/women's
        sleeve length (it looks modern but at least it will give you an idea)
        - http://www.hanamiweb.com/kimono.html.

        It IS modern, especially all the stuff in section 3.1 about sleeves.
        It's a nice, basic overview if you're interested in the evolution of
        modern women's kimono, otherwise, it may just confuse you.

        Saionji no Hanae,